Summer Berry Cake
You can make this cake in a 10” (26 cm) springform pan or double the recipe if you want to bake it on a 13” x 15” (34 cm x 38 cm) cookie sheet
3.6 oz (100 g) butter
1.8 oz (50 g) whole wheat or spelt flour
1.8 oz (50 g) rye flour
1.8 oz (50 g) barley flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1 pinch salt
13 oz (375 g) sour cream
14 oz (400 g) farmer’s cheese or ricotta
4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 pinches salt
3 handfuls currents or halved gooseberries
1/2 cup (120 ml) almond slivers
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C)
- Whip the butter. In a separate bowl mix flours and baking powder
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter. Add the maple syrup and salt. Mix until the dough becomes uniform.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the springform pan with the dough.
- Combine the sour cream, farmer’s cheese, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Sprinkle about half of the berries over the crust, then pour the filling over them. Sprinkle remaining berries over filling.
- Sprinkle with almond slivers and bake until the filling is set, 40 – 60 minutes.